Thursday, July 26, 2007

I am blessed!

This morning was one of those mornings when I felt like I am truly blessed. Yes, I know I am ALWAYS blessed, but my children blessed me this morning. With staying up late and getting up in the middle of the night with a newborn, I've been a bit tired, so I unintentionally slept in this morning. I was able to do so as there were no children running up and down the stairs, screaming, and slamming doors. Turns out, a couple of the older ones got the little ones dressed, they got themselves breakfast, cleaned up the dishes and table, ran the dishwasher, swept the floor, and did their regular chores!!! What a BLESSING!! It's times like these that I don't feel like I'm a complete failure as a mother!

The question is: Why can't EVERY day be like today? Because, just like me, my children are still in training and they are still sinners. If only I had the patience and longsuffering with them that God has for me. Eric and I were talking last night about how, as kids, we went to church two to three times a week and to Christian school and, though we couldn't even begin to quote or remember the details of most of the messages we heard in church, chapel, and Bible classes, we were trained in God's word. His principles, commands, and loving character were constantly brought to our remembrance. "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." This is encouraging. Did we stray? At times, yes. A lot of kids do. But, we remembered what we were taught. It did not depart from us, and, in the long run, we did not depart from it. Maybe, some of the Bible training is beginning to stick with our little ones. There will be a lot of "bad" days, but I'll consider those days to more training opportunities - for them to live godly and for me to become like Christ in the area of patience and longsuffering.

I am blessed!

3 comments:

Emily Schwaderer said...

Hi, Vicki! Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I can only imagine how it must feel to have your children act so maturely without your direct supervision. I'm impressed! Are you going to post some pictures? Love to see those. Well, have a great day.
Love,
Emily

Mr. Young said...

Hello Victoria, Nice blog, I look forward to reading more! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, it was encouraging to have my first comment from someone I didn't know, although I've been to your church a few times before, and look forward to being there again when Bro. Knox comes. God Bless!

Victoria said...

Thanks for visiting! Yes, Emily, pics are up and will be frequent!