Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Milanni Noelle


That's (mill-ah-nee). She's my newest niece. Born today at 3:08 p.m. via c-section. She is 8 pounds, 4 ounces, and 22 1/2 inches long. Can we say "lo-o-0ng and skinny"? She is probably just as beautiful as her mother. She is the 4th child of my brother Lyle and his wife Salinna. Last I knew, all were doing well, though a bit tired.

We are blessed by the news of this new little baby. She is joining 2 brothers and 1 sister - all of whom are anxiously awaiting to meet her. Her parents will, no doubt, raise her up to love and serve the Lord with all of her heart. I know this because they are already doing a great job with the older children.

God is so good to us. In the midst of chaotic lives, filled with stress and distress, a sweet little child enters the world allowing us to take a moment to realize how precious life really is. Holding a baby in my arms is one of the most amazing parts of life. I hold my little baby boy every day. I will hold my niece, for the first time, tomorrow. From experience, I know that moment will bring such joy and peace. I may feel a bit of fear mixed with excitement just thinking of what the future of this little one may be. Finally, tears will well up in my eyes for the miracle is overwhelming.

A baby. My niece. A precious gift.

Welcome, Millani Noelle!

2 comments:

elianna said...

Congratulations!!! :) Leanna must be thrilled with her new baby sister. I'm sure Milanni is as beautiful as her mother-and her name! God is good...

Lisamarie said...

Congrats on being an aunt again! I'm sure the thrill never gets old!