Friday, August 10, 2007

My Heart Still Skips!

Thursday night, as Brother James Knox was preaching, he used an example that made me relive part of my courtship experience with Eric. He mentioned that when a young lady is interested in a certain young man she will wait at the door of the church looking for him, but when he comes, she pretends that she wasn't looking for him.

I was shocked! I thought I was the only one in the world who played that game. I remember vividly waiting for Eric to come to church. I remember acting so calm when he said "hello" yet, my heart was racing. My heart always skipped a beat when I saw him enter the church building. Sometimes, he would arrive late. I would give up hope of seeing him. Then, I'd turn and there he would be. Oh my heart!

Do you want to know something? The few times that Eric has to work late on a Wednesday night and comes into church late, I look for him. When he finally comes in, my heart gives that familiar skip. I love that feeling!

I love Eric!

1 comment:

Joy@Joy in the Journey said...

Oh, that is so sweet! You are so beautiful, I imagine he feels the same way about you!
Blessings,
Joy