Saturday, September 1, 2007

Counting My Blessings!

Nothing really miraculous happened this week, but I think it's counting yourself blessed with the little things that makes life wonderful. So, I'm "declaring His goodness" today as I list just 5 of the "little" blessings He gave us this past week.

1. We made it through our first week of school and survived! Granted, one day we barely made it, but God was gracious!

2. On Wednesday, a package came in the mail from my friend, Stephanie in Tennessee. I didn't open it right away, but I would have had I known what was in it. She sent us the BIGGEST chocolate chip cookies ever!! They were DELICIOUS! Why did she send them? Just because she thought we'd like some! That's a FRIEND. That's a BLESSING!!! Want to bless me? Send me chocolate!

3. Eric provided the next door B&B with sweet corn last Saturday and, in return, brought home these beautiful flowers. Ok, so I'm no photographer, but it's not everyday my husband brings home flowers. You get the idea and I got blessed!








4. Our girls decided we are all royalty and made crowns for the entire family earlier this week. They dressed up and we set the table for a ROYAL dinner. As we ate, we each wore our "lovely" crowns. We frequently do "special" dinners and they're always so much fun as we get a blessing from blessing daddy - the king of our home! (By the way, the double blessing is that no one got a picture of me with my crown on!)


5. My best friend gave Zane a Bumbo seat! This seat is wonderful as it allows an 8-12 week old baby (and older) to sit up! More position options for Baby Zane! What a blessing!


"This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes."

"Count your many blessings, see what God hath done!"

2 comments:

peggy randall said...

With our busy lives, we don't always see our daily blessings, but I'm glad you do. Thank you for reminding me that I too have daily blessings.
love,
aunt peggy

Janice said...

Where were bumbo's when my kids were little?!