Monday, September 17, 2007
Counting My Blessings!
In these busy days of school, housework, ministering to others, etc., it is so good to open my eyes and see how the Lord has blessed me.
My husband is one of the biggest blessings the Lord has ever given to me. Can I just say that he is THE most wonderful husband on the planet?
"Why" you ask? Ok, well, maybe you're not asking "why" and you don't really care, but I'm going to tell you anyway!
1. My husband HONESTLY doesn't care when our house is in complete disarray! I get stressed about it and he says "Relax, it's not that bad." He would rather me sit down with him and the children instead of me straightening up everything!
2. If his sock and underwear drawers are empty, he doesn't complain. He just BUYS more socks and underwear! This way, he has what he needs and he knows it makes me feel really bad so I get on the ball without him having to say a word! A few years ago, he bought so many socks, I didn't have a place for them when I got them washed. Praise the Lord, he hasn't had to buy clean socks in a long time!
3. Eric is always up for trying a new recipe. There are a few things he doesn't care for, but he's always grateful for our meals and eats everything. I don't have to cater to a picky eater. He honestly thinks I'm one of the best cooks around. Then again, he may be afraid I'll poison his dinner if he says otherwise!
4. In all honesty, in the past, Eric rarely would change a diaper, give children baths, or put them to bed. He's always been more willing to clean up the kitchen after dinner. However, now he does it all! I'm not kidding. He'll pitch right in with the kitchen clean-up and often, he'll have little ones changed and in bed before I know it! He's amazing! And, he does it all with a smile - most of the time! Now, if I could only get him to potty-train...
5. When I cry, complain, or fret, instead of reacting as I would (with impatience and frustration and a "get on with it" approach), Eric just listens, gives a hug, and encourages me. I often say that if I married someone like me, I probably would have left a long time ago. But, Eric treats me with love and kindness, knowing that those things will melt me and change my attitude much better than any lecture.
My husband is one of the most special gifts I've ever been given. Does he have any faults? A few, but no one needs to know. Plus, they say "love is blind" and I try to remain visually impaired!
When counting my blessings, Eric is always at the top of the list!