Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Counting My Blessings!

This past weekend was one of great fun and memories. Autumn is a very nostalgic season and it does seem to loan itself to the making of many memories. It is also a season in which we seem to reflect upon the things we are thankful for. So, on that note, it is time for another installment of "Counting My Blessings!"




1. I'm grateful for my daughter Anna. I'm thankful for all of my children, but Anna's birthday happened to be on Friday, so I'm mentioning her. I am grateful for the seven years we have had thus far with this quiet, nurturing, and mature little girl. Anna is 7 going on 37 - she seems so much older in her mannerisms. When she does act like a 7 year old, it's almost surprising. She is a blessing to us with her quiet and sweet ways.




2. I'm grateful for the fact that my children have many moments where they can actually get along and act like they love each other. Cassia and Anna are the best of friends. I'm grateful for the bond that God has given to sisters.



3. I'm grateful for the changing seasons, most of all, fall! I absolutely LOVE this time of year. It's so pretty, and the cooler temperatures renew a sense of motivation and energy. We seem to plan a lot more outdoor activities in the fall, taking advantage of the nice weather and beautiful scenery. I think that's why it's so easy to make so many wonderful memories this time of year.




4. I'm grateful for my friend Elianna. She's still a teenager, but I truly can call her my friend. She has become a part of our family, in many ways. She is always willing to come and help us out - whether to help me clean, babysit while I run errands, or accompany us out on an outing, making sure I return home with all 7 children! While she's here, she and I talk about so many things. Her young outlook on life helps me see things in a different perspective and her smile encourages me. In this day and age of teens who are more interested in themselves, it's wonderful to have one who's willing to sacrifice her time and who actually enjoys being around little children.



5. I'm grateful for farm-life. This type of life allows our children, and us, experience so many different things without even leaving home. Often, we pack up a snack and watch daddy and grandpa work in the fields. The other day, I took my two little ones to pick pumpkins and enjoy the pumpkin patch without the crowds. Our oldest has been able to sell some produce by the road for the first time this year. My children not only KNOW what their daddy does at work all day, but they SEE him doing it. Every day is "take your child to work day" around here!







Life is good.

The Giver of Life is good.

We are blessed. May you take some time to count your blessings this day!

4 comments:

elianna said...

You are too sweet. So are your kids! I always enjoy the time I spend w/ you & I always come away blessed! Love you all...:)

Lisa said...

Sounds like you're certainly one blessed lady! Your paragraph about your time with Elianna sent me down Memory Lane. :-) It reminds me of some similiar times I had with Abby. I miss those days! I'm not sure if she realized it or not, but she was discipling me just by living her everyday life.

elianna said...

Exactly, Lisa! That's just the way I feel! :)

Felicia said...

Jess and I used to have such a good time coming to your house every week too... seems like such a long time ago now! :-)