Monday, October 29, 2007

My Gift from God

Yesterday, I read about the "information chip" that's supposedly everywhere. This chip seems to be the type that will fulfill the prophecy of the mark found in Revelation.

This kind of thing excites my husband. It scares me. I know where I'm going, I know I'm saved. But, I'm fleshly enough to be afraid of what happens in the meantime. How much of the tribulation am I going to see? I know, I'm supposed to believe in pre-trib, but, who's to know how much junk we're going to see before Christ comes for His bride?

No, this isn't a doctrinal post. Nor is it intended to depress anyone. I just wanted to let you know where my mind was when God gave me a special gift.

A double rainbow. The second one in a week and a half. Right over our grain bins, as colorful and beautiful as you can imagine!

This rainbow reminded me of God's promise that He will never leave me or forsake me. He promised to return for His children and He will. He promised to hold me in His hand. The future may be uncertain, but God reminded me that He will be with me - no matter what.

In the midst of my silly fears, God sent a rainbow. I went back in the house with a light and joyful heart.


"And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud...And I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth." - Genesis 9:14 & 16

6 comments:

elianna said...

I feel the same way. You can get really scared peeking into the future!! BUT~think of what eternity holds for us! :):):)
I guess it all should really inspire us to witness to those who are not "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"...

Lisa said...

This might sound funny... but that "information chip that's everywhere" seems a world away here. I know it's happening, but it's not happening fast in Zambia! :-) Isn't is wonderful when God sends His precious reminders to us? Rainbows are beautiful promises!

Dave said...

Is that picture from your farm? I don't remember seeing coconut trees there!

Mr. Young said...

Last week's double rainbow showed up as I was driving to the Men's Conf. at FBBC. It looked like it was right over the church. The heavens do indeed declare the glory of God!

Victoria said...

Well, Dave, ya know how it is with global warming and all. We've left the corn and gone right to coconuts and pineapple! :0)

Dave said...

I knew it!