Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Safe in the Arms of...

...my husband. I know, the hymn title is "Safe in the Arms of Jesus," but often, when I'm afraid and pray to God, it is the arms of my husband that He uses to reassure me all is well.

I'm not trying to be blasphemous here, but to me, Eric exemplifies Christ more than any other person I know. He is the one Christ gave to me to love, protect, and care for me. So, when my husband puts his arms around me when I am sad, scared, or struggling, I feel that they are the arms of Christ and I feel so secure.

My favorite place to be in this world...

Safe in the arms of my husband.

6 comments:

elianna said...

How sweet! :)

becky said...

Yup!

Rebecca said...

Hi there. I read this yesterday and left your blog feeling all warm and cozy-but later last night I had the opportunity to truly reflect on the power of your words, the truth in your statements, and the great gift we are given in our husbands. I wrote about it on my blog today and linked back to your site, I hope you don't mind. Your words have great wisdom, and you encouraged me by them. Thank you.

Lisa said...

I think you stole that phrase from me! When were you listening?? :-) I've told Damon from the start that his arms are my favorite place in the whole world. One nice thing about them, is no matter where we are in the world, I always have his arms! And am home. :-)

Jenna said...

I agree 100%!!! Amazing how those string arms can change how we are feeling in an instant!

Jenna said...

I meant to say "strong" arms!