Friday, February 22, 2008

Finally...My 100th Post!

And you'd think I'd have something monumental to write about! But, alas, I do not. Unless you count the fact that my husband will be home in 4 hours after being away for ELEVEN days!! To me, that's monumental.

My husband is my life. We've done OK while he's been gone, but I couldn't imagine facing too many more days without him. We've talked several times each day he's been away, but it's not the same as seeing his face, holding his hand, feeling his presence.

We've painted two rooms, laid a wood floor, and added a new piece of furniture since Eric left. I love our "new" house. But, something is missing. Someone is missing.

When Eric arrives, this place will be home again. It will be complete.

I will be complete.

My 100th post is dedicated to my husband. My love. My life.

"My beloved is mine, and I am his..."

10 comments:

Jenna said...

I hope to see some pictures of your new house! Was it a surprise for Eric?

Tracy said...

I know just how you feel...

elianna said...

Yes-we're glad to hear that your husband is back! I can imagine how tough being apart for that long was on both of you! BUT I agree with Jen-as SOON as you get that camera back PLEEEASE post pics!!! :)

Victoria said...

Nope, not a surprise. It was just nice for him not to have to be here for all the upheaval!

Dave said...

Wait a minute!

So is that how that works?

Get married...go away, and when you get back my wife redoes the floor?

I'm starting my list right now!

What a deal!

The Reynolds said...

So glad for you all that Eric will soon be home. In our house we often say,"A home needs the presence of the Father...."
I'll be looking forward to the pics!

simplysanctified said...

Congratulations!
What a wonderful time it will be to be re-united again! Wishing you blessing after blessing!

Victoria said...

Definitely will be posting pics SOON!

Dave's list for prospective wife:
Knows how to shoot any gun - including an AK47, knows how to remodel house by herself, must have a motorcycle license...

Dave said...

and likes living in the basement :)

becky said...

What happens if you don't have a basement?