Monday, April 21, 2008

Our brother and sister need prayer...

Many of you have seen the prayer requests and updates for our dear friend Dave Hance as they have frequented the sidebar of this blog. Recently, Dave had a stem cell transplant and all seemed to be going well. However, this past Friday, Dave told his sweet wife that he's having night sweats and pain in his abdomen and spleen area - an almost sure sign that the cancer has returned.

I will let his wife update you in her own words:

Hi every one,

Our suspicions will be confirmed tomorrow [Tuesday, April 22] or the next day as to whether David's cancer is back and growing. We know that it is, but the CT scan will prove it to the doctors. Please pray for David as he is in MUCH pain 24/7, he has the night and day sweats now, is getting really bloated in the abdomen and can't get comfortable for too long. It's also difficult for him to catch his breath with all the fluid build up. We wanted to get back with Dr. S., his original doctor, but we called him today and he does not have at his disposal what David needs at the level David is at now. Different hospitals/doctors have access to different drugs, and Dr. S. can't get them at his center. We have no choice but to continue with [the hospital his wife doesn't care for], so please pray for grace for me to accept this decision.

We're not sure what will be going on this week except for the CT scan tomorrow. The doctors will be calling us back later when they have a plan of attack. Once again, I will keep you posted on David's progress. Another stem cell transplant will not be in the plan - David has made that clear.

Thanks you for your prayers!

Love,
The Hance Family

When Kelly gave me the permission to post her e-mail on this blog, she also asked the following:

If you could mention that I need prayer as well - I hate to sound weak, but when I am weak, He is strong. I need a dose of grace (more importantly to be reminded that it is there for the taking, so I need to remember to take it!)...
Also, while I'm thinking about it - David and I would like people to pray for the Lord's way to be clear to us...I want God's leading in this, not my emotions getting in the way. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's what I want or what the Lord is telling me to do.


If you are a part of the family of God, this man is your brother. His wife is your sister. Pray for them as family members whom you love.

Dave and Kelly - you are loved. By us. By our children. By so many. Most of all, by God. May you feel His arms around you and be blessed with His wisdom.

Praying always for you...





3 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to cry. This has to be so difficult, but we know that God CAN still get the glory. We'll certainly be praying.

Stefanie said...

My heart is breaking.....praying God will do a miracle.

Ginger said...

Praying.....