Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What Time I am Afraid...Part II

Note: In order to fully understand the significance and blessing of this post, please read the post below first.

"...happy is that people, whose God is the Lord." "Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:" "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is."

All of these verses are so very real to me this morning. I feel like I got a personal "pep talk" from the Lord directly from Philippians 1!

Verse 12 says, "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;" Now I know that this is Paul talking of his imprisonments and tortures, but I can so easily apply it to what Michael is going through right now. I think I'm going to print this verse and put it in a frame next to Mike's hospital bed. This is such an opportunity to witness to people. The blood bank, the doctors' offices, the hospital - all will be open doors to testify of God's faith and goodness to us!!

"And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds (or Mike's challenges), are much more bold to speak the word without fear." verse 14. We can be an encouragement to our brothers and sisters in Christ through this!

The end of verse 20 - "...so now also Christ shall be magnified in my (Mike's) body..." I feel like we have a calling to a mission field. I am now preparing to be used in a mightier way than ever before in my life. I am arming myself - and will be helping Michael to arm himself - with prayer, scripture, and tracts!

Praise the Lord for His goodness, His promises, His faithfulness, His peace, His strength, His love, and for His presence.

It's a new day. Last night I was afraid. This morning I am excited.

And happy!!!

6 comments:

elianna said...

AMEN! :):):) I was praying for you a lot last night & this morning-I woke up almost 2 hours early & had one of the most incredible "quiet times" EVER. :) It is so special when God so EXACTLY gives you what you need...
We will certainly keep praying!

elianna said...

1 Samuel 23:16 And Jonathan Saul's son arose, and went to David into the wood, and strengthened his hand in God. (this is their last meeting, takes place while Saul is closing in on David & things look really rough...)
I pray that you stay encouraged & strengthened! Look at it this way-right now is an opportunity for all your friends & family to be a blessing to you! :)

Jenna said...

The Lord always give what we need at the right time! It was great seeing you at the ladies retreat and watching the women pray over you. You are awesome!

the reynolds said...

I just remarked to Joe the other day, how God gives us just what we need, just when we need it and in just the right amount. Praise the Lord His grace is sufficient! Praying for you all.
Gail

Felicia said...

PTL! I love when the Lord gives a verse specifically to help with what is going on at that time. I'm glad you are feeling better today! :)

Lisamarie said...

It is so special when the Lord gives us that encouragement and grace just when we need it!