Friday, June 13, 2008

A Tour

It's after 10:30 on Friday night. Which means about 2 people will read this post before Monday. Then, I plan to write a new post on that day. So, this is pretty much going to be one of those posts that will live in the halls of obscurity. Which is probably a good thing. But it has to be written.

I will soon be taking six of my seven children on a small tour of...the bathtub. I will point out what shelf belongs to them and what shelf belongs to me. As all of them are under 5 feet tall, they have the lower shelf. Makes sense to me. Their's is also the shelf with the shampoo that has the word "baby" or "kids" in front of it on the label. The girls' conditioner bottle is on the aforementioned lower shelf.

My shelf also has shampoo and conditioner. My shampoo does create tears. My soap? It costs about $10.00 a bottle. No way does my 4 1/2 year old rough and tumble boy need to smell like warm vanilla.

And, for the record, may I ask: What in the world does my 6 year old need with shave cream?! Seriously.

Yes, big doings in our home this weekend. A tour of the bathtub and short lecture containing the phrase "keep your crummy hands off my stuff."

Next week: "Learning by Example: How to Teach Your Children to Share."

9 comments:

Sarah Hinds said...

I have that same problem with my kids, although my girls share my shampoo but it is my boys that think that my whole shampoo bottle is used for bubble bath (I do use it occasionaly for that when we are out of bubble bath, but how many times do I have to say I only use it for that purpose). Anyway, I feel your pain and enjoyed reading this late night blog.

Jenna said...

what about when the parents use the kids stuff?? :) My sister would buy these expensive bottles of shampoo and my dad liked the smell so he would use them. ;)

elianna said...

Oh brother. I have that same soap...the other day you should have heard me absolutely flipping out-my brother decided that pretty pink bottle contained EXACTLY the stuff he needed...to wash his feet AND his barn boots. Yeah. No, he didn't get the mud out of the tub later either. :)

Ginger said...

makes life interesting, when you are done, want to come over and give the same talk?

gail said...

OOoohhh....I can't wait for the next installment! There is always so much to learn from Mom's in the thick of the.....battle. (?)

Such real life lessons! Yep - my boys we infamous for taking "expensive" bubble baths....

Claire said...

That's funny I have a $10.00 bottle of shampoo that my Dad and brother used because they think it smells good! Haha I just read my sister's comment.

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Shaving cream is great fun in the bathtub--my kids used to love having "whipped cream" in the tub. Sometimes it is hard to get kids to take a bath, but once Leanna finally gets in, she could play there for hours--yes, and we went through a spell of losing entire bottles of shampoo and bath gel until I got smart and put them where she can't get them.

jen said...

well, I hope that tour went well…and hope tomorrow goes well also. I'll be praying for Mike!

jen said...

well, I hope that tour went well…and hope tomorrow goes well also. I'll be praying for Mike!