Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Reminder

A friend of mine just posted about her little girl's first steps. Jenna is a first-time mother and absolutely thrilled about this milestone. In her post, she mentions that she may have "bored" her readers with this news and hints that she's a bit overly excited "as a first-time mom."

My 7th child took his first steps a few weeks ago. Not only was I just as thrilled with this "step" into maturity, but his 6 older brothers and sisters went crazy with glee as well! Milestones such as the first smile, the first laugh, sitting up, the first meal, and walking are NEVER boring. I love when my children accomplish such things and I love to hear about other children growing and maturing as well.

Not to mention, as stay-at-home moms, we normally get to see these accomplishments first-hand. When Jenna's baby is 8 years old, she'll love hearing mom tell her about seeing her first steps and how excited she was. Jenna will be able to tell her daughter exactly where she was. Why? Because Jenna was there to see it happen.

"...the fruit of the womb is His reward."

Being there to see our babies' firsts truly are a reward from the Lord. They bring us such joy.

Take a moment to remember your children's first coos, smiles, and steps. Each one is special. Thank you, Jenna, for reminding me.



3 comments:

Ginger said...

Amen Amen! I was not there to watch Casey take her first steps as I was working 2 jobs. She was my first child and I will never get back those years. How I cried for months after and even just now I shed a tear because here I am, loving what I am doing. I just did not see it then. I was not raised to be a SAHM.

Felicia said...

That post was so sweet!

Jenna said...

That was so sweet! Thanks!