Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Beautiful Moms - No "Just" About It



Due to shortage of time, I give you one short thought this week.

There's nothing "just" about being a stay-at-home mom and/or housewife.

In God's eyes, it's far above running for Vice President of the United States.

It's far above being CEO of a multi-billion dollar company.

It's far above being the Most Beautiful Woman of 2008.

"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."

"...To be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

When the Lord looks at you and you tell Him, "I was just a mom" He will say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Is there any higher praise? Is there any higher calling? You're not just another Vice Presidential candidate. You're not just another actress. YOU are a Beautiful Mom.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Amen!

Jenna said...

Great post--very encouraging!

Andrea said...

I work 2 days a week and I let everyone know that my job at work is a piece of Cake compared to my job at home! So true.