Monday, December 22, 2008

25 Random Things About Me

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.

1. I hate feeling like I have to tag 25 people just because the computer told me to. I'm a rebel at heart and won't be tagging anyone.

2. I stay up way too late at night just to be able to relax without interruption.

3. I had my first crush when I was in pre-school. Don't remember his name - he had big brown eyes. After that, I had crushes all the way through school - long term. Some lasted 3-4 years.

4. I fell in love with my husband when I was 16. My longest running crush to date.

5. Eric and I first kissed the day after my Senior banquet - June 1, 1991. He was my first kiss. I've never kissed anyone else.

6. Eric and I dated for 4 years, 1 month, and one week before we got married. We broke up twice in that time.

7. Eric and I moved to MD the day after we married and moved and moved 7 more times in the next 6 years of our marriage - including the states of VT, VA, and ME.

8. Eric is my favorite topic of conversation. Can't you tell?

9. My first baby was born via c-section. All the rest were natural. No drugs, though I asked for them in 2 deliveries but the babies came too quickly. Fun times.

10. I am the middle child of 3 and the only girl.

11. I went to college for 3 years to become an English teacher. Never graduated. Got a better proposal.

12. I took piano lessons for 8 years before I was introduced to my first chord. That was after I changed teachers. But, by that time, it was hopeless.

13. I went to Cedarville College (now University) for one year. Loved it. Went to the local state college for 2 years. Hated it.

14. I spent much of my high school life with a perm.

15. I'm still afraid of the dark.

16. I've never gotten a speeding ticket.

17. My first car was a 1979 Silver Buick Park Avenue. Parts fell off on a regular basis (fenders, hood ornament, etc). My trunk was full of parts. A police officer once pulled me over because he couldn't believe my car had passed inspection. I ran it out of oil TWICE and it still ran! The stories I could tell about that car!

18. Eric's first car was the same make - only a year older and in burgundy.

19. I never feel like I have it together.

20. Getting up in front of people was my biggest fear in elementary school through my Jr. year of high school. I began to love it when I realized I could make people laugh and cry while encouraging them in the Lord.

21. I yell at my kids. I hate it. God is helping me and by His grace I'm much better. My children still love me. How's that for brutally honest?

22. I've lived in NY most of my life. I'm still not used to the cold.

23. I'd much rather listen to secular rock music that Christian rock. Does that make sense? Can't stand the mixing the clean with the unclean. Hot or cold, not lukewarm. Not that I listen to a bunch of secular music - prefer classical, quite honestly. Do like some Steven Curtis Chapman, Steve Green, etc., mainly because of some sentimental value - but can't stand a lot of these Christian artists trying to be like the world to win them. Give them something DIFFERENT.

24. I always thought I'd have 3 or 4 kids. Eric always wanted 6. God gave us 7.

25. I've always felt insecure around popular young people - back in high school and even today. Give me a room full of adults or little kids - popular teenagers scare me to death.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I SO REMEMBER THAT CAR!!!

And I remember it getting stuck in the village II apartments :)

Christina J. Ford said...

lol that was fun to read:-) and don't feel that bad, i'm pretty sure everyone yells at their kids at one time or another :0)