Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Beautiful Moms - We Must Have Done Something Right!



It's been two weeks since I posted anything and I'm getting this in just under the wire. Does that tell you how busy we've been around here during the "most wonderful time of the year?"

Even now, I have little time to leave any profound thought. I'll try to say much with few words - for that's all the time I have tonight.

I don't know about you, but I come down pretty hard on myself as a mom. I see my children's messy rooms and I know I've come short in the training department. I hear my children argue with one another and I realize that they're taking after my control nature. I cringe at my children's lack of manners and know that I should have taken more time in teaching them. The list goes on.

However, in the past few days, the Lord has shown me that my husband and I, by His grace alone, must be doing something right. At bedtime, my oldest son is picking out Bible stories and reading them directly from the good old KJV to his younger brother. AND, his younger brother looks forward to it!!! Following his example, our oldest daughter has begun reading Bible stories (from a book) to her youngest sister at bedtime as well!

In the valley of parenthood there IS a glimmer of hope!!

(Sorry, "valley" is the only word that came to mind tonight!)

Your assignment for this week, Beautiful Mom: Look for and see something your children are doing RIGHT as a direct result of the training YOU and your husband have given them. Call for a time-out on your self-inflicted beating and praise God for His grace and mercy!!

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." III John 4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The coolest thing to remember when in the valley, althought parents have the responsibility, God does all of the work in each of our lives. That's nice to know on those days that we feel so inadequate. I often think of people who came from no proper training or any Christian parents and the Lord still worked in their lives and made them wonderful Godly people. Have a Merry Christmas! Thanks for the great post and reminder.

Angel said...

The anonymous post is from me. I don't know why it came up anonymous.

Brenda said...

What a wonderful assignment! It's good to look at the good things God is doing in our children. I too get very discourage when I look in their rooms! :)

That picture of your children in divine!!!! They are beautiful!