Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dear Anonymous...

I would like to thank you for the challenge you put forth last week. It made me think about 1) what I really believe regarding headcovering and 2) how to respond to someone who seems to be hotly debating something I believe.

I must say I have absolutely no idea who you are. And, that's ok. If you never tell me who you are and see me on the street, at a get-together, or in a church service you and I can smile and speak on friendly terms, as I am assuming we always have. Then again, if you do tell me who you are and then see me on the street, at a get-together, or in a church service - you and I can still smile and speak on friendly terms, as I am assuming we always have.

When I found out that you are someone I've known for a long time, my brain began to search for an answer to who "anonymous" could be. When I thought of certain people, I thought of how some of the things you said could have been re-interpreted into a different tone. Some of my friends can say things to me that may sound mean to strangers, but no big deal to me because I know the person & heart from which they come. Such may be the case in this situation. I don't know.

No matter...

Your apology was humble and sincere. I am truly humbled and grateful that you offered it. You are forgiven. Thank you for adding a little spark to my blog last week. May God always be with you and may you always know that I remain your friend.

2 comments:

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

You are such a gracious woman Vickie. I don't handle criticism as well as you do.

I think it is healthy to have comments from people who may disagree with any given topic that we write about in our blogs--we shouldn't expect that everyone agrees with us on everything, and then be surprised when someone has a different idea on any given subject. It also makes the blog more interesting for sure : )

Janice said...

Well Vicki, I will first of all agree with the previous comment- you are a gracious woman!

I have emailed you my comment a it was soo long, and I felt like it was not appropriate to bog down all of your comments! I think I will post it on my blog for those of you that may be interested... all "one" of you!

Thank you for your candidness, as well as your walk of integrity. You're truly a blessing and I am glad to call you friend!