Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Can't Seem to Focus

 

I have been itching to write, but can't focus long enough to type anything worth reading.  The fact that I am writing now does not insinuate that I have finally had a brain storm.  More like a brain cramp.  But, still, type I must!

I thought of listing all the reasons why I'm so out of focus.  But, LOOKING at the list was almost as "fun" as DOING the list.  Why should I subject my dear readers to my life?  Like you don't have your own "to-do" lists.

I thought of telling you about how one of my children told me they were going to bake cookies today, but I am more inclined to believe they were testing a new bomb for the government.  But, I didn't think it appropriate to embarrass said-child.

I contemplated writing about how I'm getting to go away with the love of my life for seven...yes, SEVEN...days in a couple of weeks to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.  But, then that got me thinking about all the things I have to do between now and then...no good.

Want to hear about the poor kitten that froze to death on our porch? 

See what I mean?  Totally out of focus.  Life is so crazy, deadlines are hanging over my head and I can't think.  I actually stopped by the library tonight while shopping just to be able to sit and read a book for a half hour because I knew I could relax there...somewhat.  So much to do...

Typing all this has allowed me to see a bit more clearly.  I am forming a new "to-do" list even now:

Be still my soul...Breathe.  Meditate.  Give Thanks.  Sing a quiet song.  Talk to the One for Whom I ought to be living.  Go on about my day...moment by moment.

Thanks for listening.  Things are beginning to focus nicely.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I have been where you currently are many times! Yes, relax, breathe. God will give you the strength to do what needs to be done... :o)

By the way, how did a kitten freeze to death on your porch??? It was in the 40's but is that cold enough to freeze a cat?! Poor thing! :o( Thanks for helping make up my mind NOT to let Sarah have a kitten from next door. I don't want to worry about it freezing to death soon!!