Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Music to My Ears



That's what I can actually call my son's trumpet playing today.  For the first time. 

Our oldest son has been taking trumpet lessons for about two months.  The nice thing about the trumpet is that it is portable.  This means he practices it upstairs in his room.  His sisters practice their violin upstairs, as well.

I love two-story homes.

However, whereas the girls' room is situated upstairs on the other side of the house and the violin is quiet, our son's room is directly over the kitchen and the trumpet is, well, anything but quiet.  Don't get me wrong.  He's been doing quite well considering he is a beginner.  But, a beginning trumpeter...have you ever lived with one?
However, TODAY!  It was just a basic song.  But, it actually sounded...nice.  Like music.

Oh, and a side-note to my daughters' violin teacher.  Their practicing is beginning to sound like music, too.  They practiced downstairs last week and I actually enjoyed it.

All the money we're putting into music lessons just may pay off.

2 comments:

elianna m said...

Haha! All I can say - I'm glad! :)
(PS - compared to a lot of what I hear, your girls are SO good. Why? Because Mom makes them practice. So simple! In a nutshell... your girls are a BLESSING to me! haha as is their mom!)

becky said...

Ha,ha, yes I can honestly say I have lived with a beginner trumpeter...lol!