Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Welcome to...My Life

My 8 year old daughter has a cowboy hat.  She wears it once in a while.  Most often, though, she likes to see how it looks on the floor.  You name the floor, it's been there.  For a long time.  Days, in fact.  Hallway floor, front-room floor, toy-room floor, etc., etc. 

I, as a mother, have taken the oath that I will NOT pick up my children's toys or belongings.  I, as a mother, have the compulsive need to find out just how long something has to sit around in everyone's way before it is actually taken care of.  I, as a mother, get fed up and begin to nag - all the while keeping my promise not to pick up my child's things.  Of course, if I DO resort to picking up their possession, it is either to throw it away or hold it for ransom.

Last week, I told my daughter that if I were to find her beloved cowboy hat on the floor again, it would find its way out of the house via the trash can.  I am  happy to say that she has listened to my words and I have not found it on any floor in our home since.

Tonight, I opened up my spare refrigerator and there, on the bottom shelf, lay the cowboy hat - upside down filled halfway with brussell sprouts. 

You think I'm kidding?



Welcome to...my life.

2 comments:

Elianna said...

Haha! :)

~SALLY~ said...

Ohhh myyy! Brussel sprouts are cursed veggies I'll have you know. Ha! GREAT IDEA!!! :D