Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Thankful

Well, I had hoped to post every day about some things for which I am thankful.  However, as usual, this week ended up so busy with me being too tired at the end of each day to write down things that I am grateful for.  However, thankfulness has been a constant thought this week...

I am so very grateful for my darling husband.  He supports me, laughs with me, talks & listens to me, and loves me.  Truly, I am complete with him.

I am thankful for my children (though I sometimes forget that I am!).  They teach me so much about my own relationship with my heavenly Father.  They make me laugh and I love seeing them discover things about life.  They are 7 miraculous blessings that I am so blessed to have.

I am thankful for the family from which I came and the family into which I married.  I would not be who I am without the parents and brothers God gave to me and Eric would not be the incredible man he is were it not for the family God gave to him.  My mom and his parents couldn't be better grandparents to our children, either!

I am thankful for our church family.  I continually see the body pull together and help hurting members regularly. Our church has been through quite a bit this past year...and we are closer for the trials.  God is so good to bless us with the gift of friendship and love.

I am thankful for the abundance of food we have in this country.  Today I baked 5 pies and 2 loaves of pumpkin bread. My mother-in-law will bring over the 22-pound turkey and between she and I, along with another friend, our very long table will be heavily laden with a variety of delectable foods!  In all the world, are there people feasting such as we are?

I am thankful for my health and the abilities I have to walk, think, hear, talk, work, drive, etc.  I often take these things for granted...but today I am grateful for what God has allowed me to have.

I could go on about all the things for which I am thankful.  But, I must get some sleep.  I am thankful to each of you who stop by to read my ramblings now and then.

Let us all take some time to really focus on giving thanks today.  Look at the faces of those sitting around your table and think about what they have added to your life.  Look at the food that is on your plate and remember that not everyone is as blessed.  Stop to thank the God who provided all - including the most precious gift of all - eternal life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: