Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Week of Thanks

I know that we ought to give thanks every single day of our lives, especially if we are Christ-followers, but in light of Thanksgiving week, I plan on giving extra time to counting my blessings.

These last couple of weeks, I have seen friends physically hurting, emotionally hurting, going through stressful job changes, and stressful moves.  In seeing all of their trials, I have prayed for them. In praying for them, I have come to be thankful for the lot God has given me at this point in my life.  I am able to pray.  I am able to help where I can.  I am thankful for where I am right now.

Some blessings I have been made aware of this last week:
1.  My ear is  infected, but I am not laid up with a broken ankle.
2.  My house may not be a palace, but it is big enough for my family and it is ours.
3.  My husband may have to work a lot of hours, but he has a job that provides for our needs and our wants.
4.  My children may drive me crazy at times, but they go to sleep in the safety of our home every night and are healthy and love the Lord.

God has given me so very much.  It is my desire to list a few things for which I am grateful every day this week.  Whether you have a blog, a journal, or a post-it note, I encourage you to do the same.

1 comment:

lovehisname said...

Thank you for such an inspiring post. I will be posting my thanks soon on my own blog.