So, a quick re-cap of the last few weeks:
1) Our whole family, along w/ Grandma, Grandpa, & cousin Erin headed up to Niagara Falls on July 3rd and had the time of our lives doing the "tourist-thing"! The 2 highlights were the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds. Had a soaking-great time!
2) The kids and I have had a good time serving in our church's CHOICE Kids Club a couple of Saturdays this summer. Three more to go and then we head into our first-ever VBS in August. It is great to serve our God by loving kids.
3) Wheat harvest came early and it was a record-breaking year. With 100-130 bushels to the acre, my husband began to wonder where he was going to put it all. Now, we pray for rain to save the soybeans and corn.
4) I've been organizing and it makes me HAPPY! Shelves that were a wreck are clean, straightened, and organized. The attic and basement still loom over my head like a bad dream.
5) Two of our friends have opened their pools to us this summer. We have been taking advantage of that several days, so far. Let's just say it's been a few years since my skin has been this dark!
6) As mentioned earlier, my husband's niece is here for the summer visiting from Texas. My kids have loved getting to know her and are looking forward to meeting her older sister in a couple of weeks.
7) I've written all of my "end of year" school reports and am working on the "beginning of year" reports!
8) I have sent out 121 invitations for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party and am now taking phone calls w/ the RSVPs. Next week, I'll be making several calls to those who haven't RSVPed. In the meantime, I'm making final plans and will soon be ordering party supplies, etc.
9) We've celebrated Zane's 5th birthday & Cassia's 13th birthday and are getting ready to celebrate Gloria's 7th birthday. Busy month!
10) I have this year's classes for our homeschool co-op planned and am working on the schedule this week.
I'm sure I could add to this list, but that's the Top 10. It's been a good summer and I look forward to the remaining weeks of fun and accomplishment.
Hope your summer is going well. What have you been up to?