Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Three Women

I have a dear friend who is fighting cancer, but truly is at peace as she trusts in the Lord.  The peace of God radiates from her and her countenance shines with a grace that can only come from Him.

Another dear lady, who was a huge part of my life years ago, is about ready to leave this world to meet Jesus within the next day or two.  This is a woman whom I cannot think about without hearing her laughter.  I know it's not possible, but if heaven could ever be a happier place, it will be when she enters those gates.

Yet another dear friend of mine, who has had 4 hours of sleep in the last two days, sits at this dying woman's bedside tonight.  She's been with her during the last two years of her battle with cancer.  She intends to be there and hold her hand until it is done.

Tonight, I contemplate the lives of these women - their influence on me, their encouragement to me,  - and I pray for them. I pray for continued peace, strength, and grace. 

I praise God for such lives that have entered mine.  I thank Him for the lessons they have taught me and continue to teach me. 

I pray I can be like them...as they are like Christ.

No comments: