Thursday, September 13, 2012

Portebello Mushroom Sliders

If you don't care for mushrooms, look the other way.  Otherwise, you just may enjoy having what I had for lunch today.  Quick, easy, and relatively healthy.


Basically, I just heated some olive oil in a skillet, placed in two portebello mushroom sliders and cooked "stem-side" down (I did remove the stem first).  After a couple of minutes, I flipped them over and added a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese to both of the 'shrooms while the other side cooked.  As soon as the cheese was melted (2-3 minutes), I removed them from the pan.  Before eating, I topped both of the sliders with homemade salsa.  Very easy.  Very tasty.

If you try this, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Jamie Parfitt said...

That looks good! Portobellos are are a treat. I thought from the picture that you put spaghetti sauce on them. Have you tried it that way? Is the salsa better?