Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Proof of God's Love for Me

Last month, I read a devotion written by Charles Spurgeon in which he discussed how great is the love of God. He recalled various times God showed him love throughout his life, besides His merciful salvation. I began to think through my past and thank God for all the ways He has shown His love for me.

I came to realize that one of the greatest examples of His personal love for me is Eric. Not only bringing him to me, but WHEN he brought him to me. I was 16 years old and at a cross-road in my life. God knew I was insecure and desired love. While not at all popular with the guys, there were some who were beginning to notice me. Eric noticed me, loved me, was kind to me and I loved him in return...as I probably would have done with anyone who came into my life at that time. However, Eric also loved The Lord and he challenged me to grow in God, as well. While we made mistakes during our dating years, I know I grew in Christ and in the knowledge of His Word due to Eric's encouragement.

Eric was (& is) my first and only real boyfriend. God preserved me from much heartache and a bad road by giving this wonderful man to me. It took me many years to really learn how to love Eric in the way he needs, but he's been more patient than any man would be. He demonstrates God's love by the way he loves me and how he lives his day-to-day life.

I am over-whelmed at the thought that God cared enough to see me as a 16 year old nothing and give me the man I needed in order to be the woman I needed to become. The love He gave to me proves that He truly loves and cares for me and I am forever grateful.

No comments: