Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ode to Avocado & Crab

I recently posted about trying to exercise regularly and eating more healthy.  I have found (via Pinterest, of course) a wonderful source of healthy and delicious meals, snacks, and desserts.  Skinnytaste.com is a site chock-full of mouth-watering, low-calorie deliciousness!

Take, for example, this lovely lunch to which I am quickly becoming addicted:


That, my friends, is the heavenly Avocado and Crab Salad.  The obvious crab & avocado tossed with red onion, olive oil, salt, and fresh lime juice.  Filling, absolutely delicious, company-worthy and only 210 calories/serving.  

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium avocado
  • 4 oz lump crab meat
  • 2 tbsp chopped red onion
  • 1 lime, juice of
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (I hate cilantro, so I eliminate it from this recipe...and my life)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper
Directions: 
    In a medium bowl, combine onion, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro salt and pepper. Add crab meat and toss well.

    Cut avocado open, remove pit and spoon out avocado. Cut into large chunks and add to crab. Mix carefully, not to mash the avocado. Spoon back into avocado shells and enjoy!

    Many thanks to Skinnytaste.com!  Sometime soon, I will share with you the low-fat chocolate crepes that my entire family fell in love with!

    3 comments:

    LisaAnne1976 said...

    oh mama does that look good!! I love avocado and crab so that is a match made it heaven!! Can't wait for that crepe recipe!!! Thank you for sharing Vicki!! Love reading your blogs!

    Victoria said...

    I love to share good food! Crepe recipe coming up next week!

    Sarah said...

    If I fixed that, I would have 7 kids and 1 hungry husband wanting it also!!!! Do you fix that just for you or for everyone?
    It looks wonderful!