Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Christmas spent with your families.  We certainly did…probably one of the nicest to date!

We spend Christmas Eve with my husband's parents and we get together with my brothers and mom a few days after Christmas.  While we enjoy getting together with our extended family immensely, we cherish Christmas Day by ourselves.  It's the one day during the year that we all just stay home together and don't have to go anywhere.  How wonderful it is to just relax, play games, and enjoy one another.

This year, I didn't do a lot in Christmas preparations.  I didn't even begin my shopping until December 21!  If it wasn't for my daughters and their friends, we would not have had one Christmas cookie baked in our house.  This is the second year in a row we did not send out Christmas cards.  At first, I began to think I dropped the proverbial ball.  Then I realized how much I was enjoying the season without being stressed.  Due to various events and situations throughout the past year, my focus is different.  My family is precious and just being with them is enough.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it seems they all feel the same.

 Back row (left to right): Michael (16), Katrina (11), Seth (10), Cassia (14), Anna (13
Front row: Gloria (8), Zane (6)


I am so blessed to have my family.  We have our imperfections, but we love each other in spite of them, because that's what family does.

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

That Christmas was an awesome one!Next time you take a pic of us, though, I will have to make sure my hair wasn't braided recently! LOL ove you Mom!