Monday, May 26, 2014

The Gift of Today


I really should be in bed, but I quick wanted to just share the gift of my day.  

My husband has been working like a mad-man for several weeks.  It's what happens when you are a farmer and winter goes long and then the rains come.  He has to make up for lost time, runs from the tractor, to the planter, to the spray truck and then all around again.  Over and over for weeks.  He comes home to eat and to sleep.  Here and there we get snatches of conversation.  Every so often an "I love you & miss you" text is sent and received.

But, today.  

Today he was all ours.  He and I woke up this morning around 6:30 and he took me out for breakfast. Muffins, hot chocolate, and early morning chatting.  Later, we went to church together as a family….together, meaning in the same vehicle.  No reason for him to drive separately as he didn't have to rush home to get to work!  

After a wonderfully restful nap, we then packed up 6 of our kids (our oldest is at my brother's house) and headed to a nearby park to enjoy their hot-air balloon festival (of which I will post pictures of in a couple of days).  We walked, we marveled at God's beauty, we marveled at the colorful balloons, we ate, we played….we savored our time together as a family.  

We returned home around 9:00.  Once I put the children to bed - all of whom had smiles on their faces - my best friend and lover took me out to dinner.  Oh, it was fast food, but it was just the two of us.  Talking, laughing…dating.  We parked our van in a field (don't get nervous) and talked some more and listened to some music we grew up on.  

Today was a wonderful day.  God has blessed me abundantly and I am thankful for His gifts….

Summer.  Family.  Memories.  Love. 

Now, I am going to go to bed.  I know my dreams will be sweet.  I hope that yours are, as well.



No comments: