Friday, January 2, 2015

Goal 2015: Walk with God




Last year, I chose my "word of the year" - Eric.  I will say I stuck with that and kept my "word" in mind all year.  And in my heart.  I concentrated on my marriage and on my friendship with my husband.  Our relationship is stronger today than it ever has been.  We had to go through a huge test…and by God's grace, we have come through it more in love and more committed than ever.

I was contemplating what my theme should be for this year…if even I am to have one.  But, with a clean slate comes a desire to have a goal with which to fill it.  As I was reading my Bible this morning, I came across Genesis 5:22 - "And Enoch walked with God…"  Again, in verse 24 - "And Enoch walked with God."  Then, Genesis 6:9 - "…and Noah walked with God."

To walk with God.  This is my goal for 2015.  This is my desire and prayer.  To truly walk with Him.  I believe I came to know my God better in 2014.  I experienced His grace and His comfort as I never did before.  This year, I want to take my knowledge of Him and turn that into faith - faith in doing His will.  I want to walk with Him…doing as He would have me do, acting as He would have me act.  I will need to take this one step at a time - with God.  Walking with God is more than "just" reading my Bible every day, though I will trip if I don't. It's more than having a daily "prayer time."  While walking with Him, I must talk with Him - throughout the day.  I will commune with Him, ask questions of Him, thank Him.  Though, I think the questions may prove to be many.  "Really, God?  This?!"  "Really, God?  Forgive?"  "Why God?  Why this pain?"  "You want me to do WHAT?!"  It is during these times, that I must continue to walk alongside my Lord, holding tightly to His hand, rather than turning my back and walking the other way.

The comfort and confirmation God gave me this morning in choosing my goal came when I read Matthew 1:23 - "…and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."  My goal and desire for 2015 is to walk with God.  It is a great comfort to know that, in turn, God is with me.

What about you?  What is your big goal, your theme, for this year?

No comments: