Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday Scripture, Sayings and Suggestions - January 10, 2015


Happy Saturday!!  We just completed our first week back to school after the holidays.  I am grateful for how smoothly our week went and I hope yours did, as well.  Today, my girls and I are headed to a friend's baby shower.  Friends, celebrating new life, and tons of cheesecake….what better way to spend a cold Saturday afternoon?!  Before we get on with the Saturday festivities, take a moment to be encouraged, touched, and challenged.




Scripture

…Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses. -Matthew 8:17

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.  -Psalm 9:9

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee:  for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.  -Psalm 9:10



Sayings




Suggestions


What does it mean, "till death do us part"?  This.  Right here.




I first "met" Kara Tippetts story when Ann Voskamp posted her letter to Brittany Maynard.  
I checked in on Kara's blog the other day.  All I ask is that you go over and read…and fulfill her desire:





Do you have a teenage girl who would like a little bit of encouragement from another teen?  Or maybe you just need some encouragement to keep trusting in God.  I happen to know a sweet girl, who happens to be my daughter, who shared a jewel of wisdom this past week.  


I might have mentioned that I had a date last night.  It was wonderful!!  My suggestion to you?  Plan a night out with your spouse.  If you can't do it tonight, get it on the calendar before you go to sleep tonight.  Whether it's dinner, coffee, a movie, bowling, skydiving….do something together and focus on each other for a few hours!


Now, go!  Have a fabulous weekend!!!












No comments: