Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions - January 24, 2015


It's Saturday!!!!  Here's a first:  I am excited about getting to deep-clean my kids' bathroom today.  I don't think I'm ill…no fever, no aches or pains.  Just getting my house in order and cleaned these days and today is bathroom day.  I know I will be pretty happy when it's over and my kids have a sparkling bathroom.  Oh, I'll be cleaning my bathroom, as well, but, let's face it…2 adults don't make nearly the mess as 7 children!  After that adventure, I am off to do a bit of shopping with the kids and then a little date with my sweet husband this evening.  We feel like we keep missing each other these past couple of weeks and really need to spend some time re-connecting.  I know we just went out 2 weeks ago…but sometimes, you just need to spend a little extra time, ya know?  But, before I get to my busy day and you get to yours, grab a cup of coffee with me and be refreshed...

Scripture
And Moses did look upon all the work, and, behold, they had done it as the Lord had commanded, even so had they done it:  and Moses blessed them."
Exodus 39:43  
What had God commanded me to do?  Have I done it?  If I have, have I fulfilled His command exactly how He commanded me to do it?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind…Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Matthew 22:37&39

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be  abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Matthew 23:12


Sayings








Suggestions
 As you probably noticed through the above quotes, I am reading a book by Sally Clarkson.  Her latest, in fact:  Own Your Life.  This is not a title that would normally draw me, but the author does.  I have read a couple of her books and have followed her blog intermittently throughout the last two years.  Though only three chapters into Own Your Life, I have already been blessed by her words and testimony.  I will admit, the Lord has already been dealing with me in many of the areas in which she speaks so much of it, at this point, is confirmation for me.  Check it out.  This time, I got the edition I can hold on to rather than the Kindle.




My kids had some fun directing and "starring" in this short video this week.  Just makes me smile.




Speaking of kids, isn't it awesome when the lessons you teach finally seem to stick?  Those of you with little ones, keep on training.  Keep on teaching.  Keep on loving.  Keep on.  There will come a day when the fruit of your labors will begin to ripen.  I have had the joy of seeing some of that fruit as of late, such as in this blog post by my daughter, Cassia.




I mentioned this challenge earlier this week, but I am going to mention it again.  Because, why not?  Don't we all desire to have a clean house?  Sarah Mae's 31 Days to Clean challenges us to take our cleaning day by day without becoming overwhelming.  I will admit, due to the size of the house and family I have, some of these assignments have taken me a couple of hours…but they are hours well spent and I feel very happy with the results.  This is the reason for my excitement of really cleaning my bathroom today!



I read this post, "24 Lessons I Want to Teach My Daughter (Before She Leaves Home)" last week.  As I have a 15 year old daughter, this resonated with me.  I would have to say to most of the things on this list: ME, TOO!!!



I invite you to check out the new blog, Network of Silver.  This is a blog written by various women in different stages of life with the purpose of encouraging women.  I have already been encouraged and challenged.  It has definitely made it to my daily reading list.  I am honored to be a part of this community and will have a post up in the very near future.  Come, read.  And if you desire to write, there is an opportunity for you, as well.


Well, I have enjoyed my time with you here this morning, but I really must get to my cleaning.  Enjoy your day and may the Lord bless you all abundantly this coming week!

No comments: