Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions: January 31, 2015



Happy Saturday!  This will be a quick post as I have a very busy morning and need to be at my mother's house for a luncheon by noon. Hoping all of you had a wonderful week.  I was blessed to meet some new homeschool moms at a relaxing get-together earlier this week.  Had flowers delivered to my house…confirming forgiveness and friendship.  Took my kids skating yesterday morning - several falls, but no broken bones, praise the Lord.  All in all, a great week.  How about you?  How are you keeping your spirit full and yourself occupied during these cold winter months?

Scripture

And ye shall be holy unto me:  for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.  -Leviticus 20:26

Blessed be the Lord:  for he hath showed me his marvelous kindness.  -Psalm 31:21

For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes:  nevertheless thou headrest the voice of my supplication when I cried unto thee.  -Psalm 31:22

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.  -Psalm 31:24


Sayings





Suggestions

So, I played hooky from my own blog yesterday and went of over to hang out at the newly formed Network of Silver.  You will still find me there today, so please come on over and join me for coffee (or tea)!


Have you ever felt that you and your prayers were completely insignificant in the eyes of our great God?  Many of us have felt that way from time to time.  Good grief, even David, the man after God's own heart, felt that way (see above for Psalm 31:22).  A friend of mine, who is going through one of life's most difficult journeys, talks about how she once felt this way and how she now knows that God thinks her prayers are worth listening to.  While you are there, please take time to read all of her posts….and pray for their family.  


This week, would you do me a favor?  Better yet, would you please God?  Find someone who is down or hurting - you may have to truly look and listen to those around you - and encourage them.  A smile.  A gift.  A note.  "…and some have compassion, making a difference." (Jude 1:22) Make a difference in someone's life this week. 


Have a wonderful weekend, my dear friends!  Lord willing, I'll "see" you again Monday.  

No comments: