Thursday, January 8, 2015

Throwback Thursday: (my first-ever post!) - Zane's First Smile

The following was originally posted July 25, 2007.  It was the first post here on Love & Rewards.

Today, our 3 1/2 week old son smiled for the first time. He is our seventh child, but that first smile never ceases to be the cause of great joy and amazement! It is so amusing to see how much work it takes for an infant to get those smile muscles working. How many times will this little guy smile throughout his life? The smiles will be beyond numbering, I'm sure. I pray each day of his life will provide him with multitudes of reasons to smile.

Do I smile enough at my family? Is it getting harder for me, or for you, to use those smile muscles? Proverbs 15:13 says that a merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance. Our children are a reflection of us. Are they smiling? If not, I need to check my heart and my face!

No comments: