Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions - February 28, 2015


I usually try to post much earlier on Saturday mornings, but today has been busy.  In fact, the last two weeks have been crazy busy which is why you haven't found me here as much.  But, I didn't want today to pass without visiting with you a little.
The last couple of weeks have been full of visits from and with friends, doctor appointments, homeschool co-op, city ministry, basketball games, and a trip to Syracuse for the NYS Farm Show.  This morning, we were busy getting the girls ready for a birthday/costume party.  I just returned from dropping off 3 pioneers, 1 girl from the 1950's and two ancient Egyptians!
How about you?  Have things remained calmed in your home or are you crazy busy?  Either way,  I pray you are staying in the Word of God to keep you fueled and filled for His work.


Scripture

But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law…to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Joshua 22:5

Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth
Joshua 24:14

My heart is fixed, O god, my heart is fixed:  I will sing and give praise.
Psalm 57:7



Sayings








Suggestions

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE coffee.  If I travelled around the world, I would intend to drink coffee in every country in which I stopped.  Enjoy this morning wake-up!



"What art man that thou art mindful of him?"  The scope and immenseness of our universe is truly dizzying and incomprehensible.



I thought I would recommend a couple of children's books every week for the next few weeks (or more) for those of you with young children or grandchildren (or for those of you who just like to sit down and read a good picture book!).  Those that I suggest are some of our favorites and I have wonderful memories of sitting with my children and reading these classics.

We're Going on a Bear Hunt is probably one of my top five favorite kid books!  Why?  Because I vividly remember acting it out with my oldest son (who's now 17 years old and 6 foot tall) when he was little.  All the tiptoeing, slishy-sloshy, and the running up the stairs, into bed, pulling the covers over our head, back down the stairs, and up again…if you get this book, act it out with your kids.  It's a blast!  hmm…I wonder if I can get my 17 year old to do this with me again….


 When I asked my "sis" a couple of weeks ago if she had heard of this book, I almost passed out when she said she hadn't.  How does one live 40 years and not be introduced to Mike Mulligan and Mary Ann?!  Guess which book I will be buying her daughter for her birthday?


Now, go make yourself a yummy cup of coffee and grab a good book - to read to yourself or your children - and enjoy your Saturday!  

1 comment:

Jenna said...

We loved both of those books! :)