Wednesday, March 18, 2015

36 Years!



Thirty-six years ago today, I asked Jesus Christ to live in my heart.

I spent the morning of my spiritual birthday cleaning the church.  As I was doing so, I realized how blessed I am that I was serving…..I could stop right there.  How blessed I am that God allows me to serve Him in any way!  Though I was a child when He saved me and should have known better, I have wronged my Lord, betrayed Him, neglected Him so many times.   I debated giving up on Him, yet He never gave up on me and He still allows me to serve Him.

But, beyond being able to serve Him, I am blessed to be serving with my 7 saved children, who I am raising with my saved and godly husband.  Along with my children, I served this morning with my mom…the one who raised me in a Christian home and made it possible for me to come to Christ at a young age.

My life hasn't been perfect, but I have been perfectly blessed.  How I praise God for these 36 years as His child.

O taste and see that the Lord is good:  blessed is the man that trusteth in him. 
-Psalm 34:8

I had rather be a doorkeeper (or church-cleaner) in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
-Psalm 84:10

Glory to His name!!!!

No comments: