Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions: March 28, 2015

  
This past Sunday, we celebrated our fourth child's 13th birthday.  She decorated 75% of the cake you see her pictured with.  Katrina loves to make things - jewelry, candy, cards, etc.  She draws and she has an interest in learning to decorate cakes, like her grandmother.  Giving her creations to others just to bless them is another favorite past-time of hers and that blesses the hearts of her parents.  Thanking God for this girl and her siblings.


Scripture

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.
I Peter 1:3-4

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27

…my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
Psalm 84:2

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7


Sayings







Suggestions

 I, along with thousands of others, have followed Kara Tippetts the last few months as she travelled on her journey toward Heaven.  She reached her destination this past Sunday…March 22, the same day we celebrated my daughter's birthday.  Kara now rejoices at the feet of Jesus.  She no longer suffers, no longer fears, no longer feels pain.  She is in perfect health and form.  Her faith has been made sight.  Yet, her husband and four children remain here on earth and feel the hole she has left deeply.  Kara taught us much.  She taught us to love big.  To live well.  To die well.  To count each moment precious.
  While it may seem odd that someone would regularly blog about their dying days and thousands would read, Ann Voskamp explains our vigil in perfect words.  



To read Kara's story, if you haven't already, begin scrolling through her posts over at Mundane Faithfulness.  You will find yourself smiling, crying lots, and meditating on powerful truths.  Kara's friends and family will  continue to write at Mundane Faithfulness.  Join me in reading those posts, being challenged, and praying for this family.


Tissues needed.
"I feel like I'm a little girl at a party whose dad is asking her to leave early, and I'm throwing a fit.  I'm not afraid of dying…I just don't want to go."




While I began to read her blog after reading her open letter to Brittany Maynard, I got to really see into Kara's heart about 6 weeks ago as I read her book, The Hardest Peace.  Your life will be changed.


Kara's Memorial Service will be streamed later today.  Her friend Blythe Hunt gives the details.


Good-bye, Kara.  I look forward to meeting you face-to-face one day.  I'll know you by your smile.



(In light of the somber mood this post has taken, I will not make my children's book suggestions today.  Look for those next week.)

I truly did not intend to leave you feeling sad on this wonderful Saturday.  A large part within me wants to just put in some fluff and happiness for you; yet, I have been studying in my Bible this week the necessity of soberness.  I have been learning and meditating on the inheritance God has for those of us who have received Him.  How, through Christ's death, burial, and resurrection, we are redeemed and have hope in a forever home with Him.  This very thought is sobering….yet so very wonderful!  What a cause for rejoicing.  Do you see Kara's smile?  Imagine how much brighter it is in her new Home!  Please, do not be sad.  Death is, indeed, sobering.  Yet, for the believer, what glory it is!!  

Do YOU know for sure that you, like Kara, will go to heaven when your time on this Earth is over?  Have you put your trust in Jesus Christ?  Please, feel free to leave a comment if you are searching for the peace and hope only He can give.

Thinking on heavenly things…until next week.  






No comments: