Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions: April 18, 2015




It's 3:30 AM and I am awake…again.  For the last week and a half, I have dealt with insomnia for all but one night.  For the last week, I have also had the flu.  As in aches, fever, cough, fatigue…positive flu culture.  The works.  While I have been feeling better the last day or  so, I am still quite tired.  Except, I just can't sleep for 2-3 hours each night.  Good thing is with all of this rest - or lack thereof, depending on the time of day or night - I am praying a lot for so many people.  I figured today, I would take the opportunity to do my first Saturday post of the month.  Sorry for the neglect.

As you can see in the above photo, the farm has been blessed with baby goats again.  Pictured is Opal.  She was born sometime earlier in the week.  Two more kids were born on Thursday night.  Along with the birth of these three, the barn doors have been flung open, the tractors are moving, crops are being sprayed and my husband worked his first after-dinner hours of the season last night.  Springtime has officially arrived!  What means Springtime for you?

Scripture

But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hears: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
I Peter 3:14-15

And when he humbled himself, the wrath of the Lord turned from him, that he would not destroy him altogether…
II Chronicles 12:12

But as for us, the Lord is our God, and we have not forsaken him;
II Chronicles 13:10


Sayings




Suggestions

It's been ten months and one day since sweet Molly was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor.  She has beat the odds in fighting this long.  It is a hard fight, yet the family beats the odds as they continue to have joy in the midst of sorrow and suffering. This week,  Mom Julie took some time to write about where this joy comes from.


(photo courtesy awriteheart.com)
Recently, my junior high Sunday School teacher-turned professional Christian Counselor, and a friend of hers began an encouraging blog.  It's one I suggest you bookmark as it deals with some of the more challenging issues that face women daily.  The post that took my breath away this week was Five Ways to Know Your Spouse is Repentant After Infidelity.  We live in a broken world filled with broken marriages.  If you haven't yet, someday you will be face to face with a friend or acquaintance who has been hurt or has hurt another in this way.  This article is an excellent resource.


My fourth grade teacher always had a guitar and a song.  This was one of his favorites and, while I loved it when I was 9 years old, the words have come to mean even more to me as I've grown older and realize what a truly wretched sinner I am.




Lauren Hill.  Have you heard of her?  A friend told me about her back in December.  Lauren was the public voice for DIPG….the same type of cancer that Molly is fighting.  Lauren passed away earlier this month, but her fight was selfless.  I tried embedding the video, but if it doesn't work, please see Lauren's story here.


After some time off….a couple of more book suggestions for the children in your life.

While I grew up never knowing this book, some would say a child's library is incomplete without the story of the mischievous duck who lives on the Yanghtze River.  A marvelous springboard to introducing your child about China.



This tale of a little girl who goes blueberry picking with her mother makes my top ten list of children's books.  What mother and daughter don't realize is that there is a mother bear and cub on the other side of the mountain also hunting blueberries….Get this book.  It's one you'll want to read over and over again…which is good because your child will want you to!



Well, it's now almost 5:00 a.m.  Not sure I'm any more tired than I was when I first began this post, but I am so glad I got to spend some time with you this morning.  Praying you have a restful, happy, and healthy weekend.  Lord willing, I'll hang out with you here on Monday or Tuesday.  Until then….Happy Saturday!

No comments: