Saturday, September 19, 2015

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions: September 19, 2015


I had a busy Saturday morning going to the Rochester Public Market and the grocery stores getting stocked for tonight's dinner with friends.  Now, I am finally enjoying my "morning" cup of coffee with a fresh cannoli I treated myself to at Market.
Last week, I was out with my sweetheart celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary.  One of the fun things we did was visit a State Park we haven't been to since our dating years.  I am often amazed at the beauty that surrounds us in the state that most outsiders assumed is all skyscrapers, pavement, and hurried people.  (You can read about the rest of our anniversary in Thursday's post)
Now that I have all the necessary ingredients for a yummy dinner, I need to get my house in order and start cooking.  But, that can wait until after my time with you here...and after my cannoli is eaten!



Scripture

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers  in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
I Timothy 4:12

"But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content...and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness."
I Timothy 6:6-8,11b

Sayings 



Suggestions


Children's Book: We Are in a Book!


Just about everything from Mo Willems is brilliant. And funny.  Brilliantly funny.  I must say, at this time we do not actually own any of his books.  But, every time my younger children and I go to Barnes and Noble, we look at this guy's books.  We Are in a Book is my current favorite.  You have to read this with expression.  Warning you, though...you'll not get through it without stopping to laugh.  And, let's face it, laughing with your kids is necessary.


Good Reads for Adults:  One Thousand Gifts


  It's feeling and smelling like autumn here in Upstate New York.  With that comes pumpkins, corn, scarves, and attitudes of gratitude.  This book is perfect for the season.  I have read it twice, so far, and plan on cracking it open again this week.  Two words I don't use often:  Life changing.





So, we know this guy who ran 6 marathons in 6 continents in 5 days.  Don't believe me?  See it for yourself.





First, watch this.  You might cry.
Then....



....watch this.  You will cry.
Then, watch the song again.
One of my favorites.



So, two years ago some college students released a weather balloon with a GoPro camera attached.  After several minutes soaring above the earth, it crashed into the Grand Canyon.  It was recently retrieved.  Two thoughts:
1.  Amazing footage from the stratosphere.
2.  That is one tough camera!


Well, the cannoli is gone and time is passing.  I pray all have a marvelous weekend.  


No comments: