Saturday, January 2, 2016

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions: January 2, 2016

It's the first Saturday of the New Year!  Today, we will take down our Christmas decorations, go shopping for "real" food for "real" dinners, and get back to school planning.  Reality is bearing down on us hard!  But, before we put our feet to reality, grab your coffee and spend a little time with me this Saturday....


Scripture

A couple of good verses to meditate on and pray at the beginning of 2016:

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."
-Psalm 20:13-14

"Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart."
-Psalm 26:2


Sayings

The answer is in how you live your life.

It's been a rough week, but God reminded me that I am His treasure.  
So are you!

Suggestions
  
App:
 

When I do my daily Bible reading, I most often do it directly from my big black wide-margined Bible that my husband gave to me for my first married birthday, almost 21 years ago.  It is heavily marked with notes, the gold edges are long worn off, there are scribbles from a toddler many years ago (which, by the way, I was so upset about 14 years ago, but now I count them precious). 
ANYWAY - I do, however, sometimes read from my phone or iPad.  One of my favorite Bible reading and Bible plan apps is SheReadsTruth.  Not only does it have the Bible, they also have many different studies that you can go through on your own...some free some for a small cost.  My personal favorite is the hymn series.  Check it out.  Download it.  Let me know what you think.

Recipe

(photo courtesy of cookingclassy.com)

So, I can't make homemade bread.  No matter what I do, something goes horribly wrong.  Well, unless it's cinnamon rolls, pizza crust or biscuits.  But, "just to eat" bread...forget it. But then, I found this recipe.  I held my breath and tried it.  And, when I breathed again, it was a sigh of joyful contentment!  These are incredibly easy and absolutely delicious.  Try them!


Video/Song


Happy New Year from one of my favorites!! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and may your first week of 2016 be a successful one!  Spend some of your time with me here as I plan to post a couple of times next week.  Of course, I plan to be back here next weekend, too....we can re-group together!


No comments: