Saturday, April 9, 2016

Saturday Scripture, Sayings, and Suggestions: April 9, 2016

Right now, I am sitting in the basement of a friend's house listening to my daughter have piano lessons.  It's been a very busy week with our church's mission's conference, so it's nice to put my feet up, listen to some music, and write a bit.  Our spring weather has morphed right back into winter, but I am optimistic this is our last winter-type weekend.  Hey, in Rochester positive thinking is survival!  Grab a cup of coffee, join me on the couch and we'll enjoy some scripture, sayings and  suggestions!

Scriptures

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psalm 51:12-13

But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou has holden me by my right hand.
Psalm 73: 2, 23


Sayings




Suggestions


If you hadn't noticed before, if I have quotations in my "sayings" section from just one person, it is likely I am reading a book authored by that person.  Today's quotes are brought to you by Sally Clarkson (one of my favorite authors) from her newest book, The Lifegiving Home.  If you get this book, I highly suggest getting the companion book which is chock-full of ideas to sweeten your family life and home.  I love Sally Clarkson. Her writing is so soothing, yet so encouraging in setting me back on the right path.



I discovered RightNow Media through SchoolhouseTeachers.com. This website has over 10,000 videos - all Bible and Christian based.  Most of them are Bible studies and conferences.  Just a little something to give you that extra encouragement throughout the week.   Maybe some of the speakers aren't what you would normally listen to, but give them a try.  "Eat the meat and spit out the bones."  



I just discovered this fantastic podcast in the last couple of weeks.  I came acrossed it while reading Sally's blog, found it on iTunes and immediately subscribed to it.  Sally teams up with a mom of young children so the two of them have a wealth of wisdom and advice for Christian wives and mothers.  I listen to it while working out and it's truly being gently discipled several mornings throughout the week.  This podcast is full of the reality of womanhood, yet full of grace and gentle suggestions on how to truly love your family well.  Check it out.  Jump on the elliptical or just stay curled up on the couch with your coffee and let your heart be blessed.

Instagram:  Sisterhoood Closet

A shout-out to one of my favorite Instagram shops!  I know the owners and have always loved their sense of  fashionably modest style.  These 6 sisters love to shop and put up their tremendous finds for sale at prices I can afford.  I detest shopping, but the fact that I can spot an item I love right on Instagram and have them send it to me (after my prompt payment via PayPal, of course) is a dream!  In fact, I am currrently wearing one of my most recent purchases from them.  Get on Instagram, follow Sisterhoood Closet and do some shopping!

Well, my daughter's lesson is soon to wrap up, so I need to wrap this up, as well.  I hope you take, at least, one of my suggestions this week.  If you do, let me know which one and what you think!  Praying you all have a wonderful week and that we can all enjoy a week of warmer temperatures and glimpses of colorful buds springing from the earth! 



No comments: