Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday Morning Coffee: April 22, 2017


Ah, Saturday!  Slow mornings, scones, coffee, cleaning, fun errands...a day to just enjoy being alive!
It's cloudy here today, but the temps are doable and are no longer getting anywhere near the freezing point.  Even in the rain this week, the bright yellow daffodils on the side of the road made me smile.  My children aren't making me smile at the moment, but that is probably my problem more than theirs.  (just keeping it real, friends!)



As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.  Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
-Psalm 127:4-5

If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?  But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
-Psalm 130:3-4

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.  Believest though this?
-John 11:26






I was perusing Pinterest last night - along with several of you, I am sure - when I came upon this article at More Radiance.  I have never heard of this blog before, but this post was spot on.  I have a few young ladies who read this blog...I beg you to read this post.  If you are a mom of a teen girl, please share this post with her.  Our girls are torn between the world and Christ - it's a lifelong struggle.  These are some encouraging words for them to pursue God with all of their hearts.  



This book was written back in the 1970s, but it is a timely true story of a Muslim woman converting to Christianity in Pakistan.  She had everything the world could offer and she was willing to give it all up in order for the one true God to be her Father.  This is a compelling story of her close walk with God and how He directed her steps as she followed Him.

Facebook page: Love & Rewards

Yes, I am shamelessly promoting the Love & Rewards Facebook page.  Sometimes, it is difficult posting a comment on Blogger.  Often, I don't see it right away and I haven't figured out how to have Blogger notify my commenter on their reply.  With the goal of keeping the conversation going, I have established a Facebook page.  I will update it with each new blog post, as well as post encouraging words, quotes or just ask a question to which I hope you will respond.  I want this to be more than a blog, more than a one-sided conversation.  I want to be able to build a community of those who love their families and their God, but sometimes struggle with their own short-comings.  I want to encourage young women, moms, and wives to seek the wisdom of older women, moms and wives.  I want us to share stories, laugh, and pray for one another.  Will you consider joining?  If you do, feel free to invite your other friends.


Instagram: loveandrewards

You guessed it, Love & Rewards is also on Instagram.  Especially if you are not on Facebook, please join me there.  My purpose on Instagram is the same as on Facebook.  



These cookies are a staple at our house.  Made with just a few ingredients, and most of them healthy, they are easy to whip up and 99% guilt-free to eat.  I have made them with regular peanut butter and honey, but I prefer to make them with raw honey and organic, natural peanut butter - only because it makes me feel healthier.  I have been tempted to leave out the m&ms and use carob chips, but let's not get crazy.  What's life without a little bit of chocolate and food dye?
I may or may not be known for eating 4 of these at one time. 

Ingredients:

1 1/4 C old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/4 C honey
1/3 C mini m&ms
1/3 C mini chocolate chips

1.  Dump all ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
2.  Stir well for a few minutes until everything is combined.
3.  Roll mixture into small balls (about 1 - 1.5 inches in size) carefully. Dampen hands occasionally to prevent mixture from sticking too much.
4. Place bites on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
5. Allow to set in the fridge until solid.
6. Store in fridge in an airtight container or ziplock bag


So, go read, peruse Facebook & Instagram (and join some really great pages) and eat some healthy cookies.  Meet with me for coffee on Monday!






No comments: